Latest Chrome browser update (v55) breaks Shoutcast v1.x HTML5 players

Discussion in 'News' started by More Support, Dec 15, 2016.

1. More Support

More Support Level 2 Support Staff Member

Good News! It appears the Chrome team has decided to roll back the change:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=669800#c103

We still recommend upgrading to ShoutCast 2 though as shoutcast.com will likely remove version 1 stations at some point. We're not sure on the status of other browsers in the future either.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  2. Gel

Gel New Member

Last few days my 3 browsers won't stream from smoothjazzflorida url; No Web Player showing where play button should show. "Flash" functionality checked and that works fine. :( Tried multiple refreshes but still won't work.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  3. Support

Support Level 1 Support Staff Member

Hmmmm strange? It's working fine for us. We suggest perhaps try clearing your browsers cache and try again!
    smoothjazzflorida.png

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  4. Gel

Gel New Member

IE11/ AVANT /Edge

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  5. Gel

Gel New Member

On AVANT I have default rendering engine set to FIREFOX.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  6. Support

IE11/ Edge are rubbish in our opinion.. We think it's time that you moved to a better browser such as Chrome/Firefox. We cannot really help you much more with this as it is working fine for us (and others) and the previous Chrome update issue this thread relates to has since been rolled back in their latest update. I just tested this again in the Edge browser and it's still working as it should. By the way the player we use is HTML5, not Flash.

Pretty sure if you cleared the browsers cache's or tested this in a private window this will work for you.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Is there any reason why this error would show up in Firefox if my station (Shadowy Realms) is a v2 Shoutcast station? The station is HTML5 friendly, as is evidenced by the functional HTML5 player on the station home page (www.shadowyrealms.com).

8. Support

Hi Pilgrim,

Your station is working fine for us in Firefox. We recommend just clearing your browsers cache and trying again or trying another web browser instead.

shadowyrealms.png

WhoseLineFan likes this.