New radio station seeking "show offs"

BBMac

x1radio_whletter.png

About Us

We are X1Radio, a new up and coming internet radio station due to launch early next year
we are small scale but all about fun, friendships and the love of music, entertaining and generally
showing off meaning we don't take things too seriously, go with the flow and are relaxed and drama free.

Our Tune(s)
We will air a great variety of music from the 80s, 90s, 00s, Noughties leading to the charts of today.
Our presenters will all have their own unique style for their shows but it will be our intention to have a producer assigned to each show.
This will help make each show unique, but polished with great features to keep the station fresh, vibrant and on top of our game.

Further to this our inhouse music and playlist admin will be putting the feelers out for the best new music out there whilst still ensuring our
older music isn't becoming mouldy and listeners becoming sick of hearing the same old same old. So will be constantly rotated playlists to keep it fresh.

Pirates of the "Car Radio" bean
We aim to be 100% legal and compliant and will hold both relevant licenses from PPL and PRS for Music.

Future Aspirations

Well .... to still be on air and have at least 10 listeners (haha) after a year of operation.
Also a future aspiration would be to attempt to get on DAB (this is a long way down the road)

So if you've made it this far, you must like the sound of what's being offered .... GREAT!

Positions Available

Presenters
Producers
Music & Playlist Admin
Web Development
App Development
Social Media Influencers
Training & Staff Development

To apply please follow the link to our
Application Form
www.x1radio.co.uk

Last edited:

Shaz Kuiama

Hi,

Why would every show need a producer linked to it? A good presenter knows how to keep it fresh and interesting, and should also have a massive library of music, so there would be no repitition. I personally hate repitition and aim to give listeners something different, every show. I produce and present all my own shows :)

BBMac

Hi,

Why would every show need a producer linked to it? A good presenter knows how to keep it fresh and interesting, and should also have a massive library of music, so there would be no repitition. I personally hate repitition and aim to give listeners something different, every show. I produce and present all my own shows :)

Because sometimes it brings an alternative unbiast perspective

Shaz Kuiama

Because sometimes it brings an alternative unbiast perspective
I think you will find this a put off, as a lot of us presenters like to produce our own radio shows. I won't have anyone produce mine, I have been at this for over 10 years, and I mix it up all the time, keeping the shows fresh and exciting for listeners. Our shows are like our babies, we don't want others messing with them.

BBMac

I think you will find this a put off, as a lot of us presenters like to produce our own radio shows. I won't have anyone produce mine, I have been at this for over 10 years, and I mix it up all the time, keeping the shows fresh and exciting for listeners. Our shows are like our babies, we don't want others messing with them.
everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose

IanD

everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose
I think in many instances having a producer would be a good thing. There are definitely times when another pair of hands (and ears) can make a big difference to a show - competitions, features, interaction, new ideas, back-up, mentoring, coaching. Not everyone needs it, but definitely useful for new presenters who are often left to flounder or those who only do "that was X and this is X" presenting.

BBMac

I think in many instances having a producer would be a good thing. There are definitely times when another pair of hands (and ears) can make a big difference to a show - competitions, features, interaction, new ideas, back-up, mentoring, coaching. Not everyone needs it, but definitely useful for new presenters who are often left to flounder or those who only do "that was X and this is X" presenting.
You've captured exactly the reasons why I think it is also a good idea mate. You said it so much better

IanD

You've captured exactly the reasons why I think it is also a good idea mate. You said it so much better
Forgot to mention.... I really like your branding too. Looks like you've put some thought into it (same with your website). Looking forward to listening to your station when it goes live.

BBMac

Forgot to mention.... I really like your branding too. Looks like you've put some thought into it (same with your website). Looking forward to listening to your station when it goes live.
Thanks buddy, not sure if it'll even be happening now, pretty much zero interest