PAYG allowance disappearing why?

Hi, I've just setup a new server over the last couple of days, I've been setting up the auto dj and website, but I noticed a couple days ago that my 10gb allowance was now 5gb with me just testing how can that be. Now today I received an email saying the that I'm in the " minus" for my allowance, what is going on can you help as I've got to top up my account, can you help?.

I've just topped up 10g I've looked it says I have 5gb left, nobody has logged on. please can you help as it wasn't like this before!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Soul Rhythms,

I think you are likely noticing this more as you have recently gone from a pay monthly bandwidth allowance to PAYG. The reason you have around 5 GB left after topping us is because you already had a negative bandwidth balance and this cleared that negative balance and the 5 GB is what you had remaining afterwards.

From looking at your bandwidth usage I can see that in the last 9 days since you've created the account you have used 16.4 GB of bandwidth which looks very normal to me. You seem to have an average of 1 to 3 listeners connected at a time, you are also streaming at a bitrate of 320kbps.

We have a bandwidth calculator that will give you a better idea of the kind of bandwidth usage that you can expect: http://www.internet-radio.com/servers/tools/bandwidth/

So for example, if you had 1 listener constantly connected for 1 whole week at 320kbps this would use 23.07 GB of bandwidth.

I hope this helps.