Prevent Station ID's from playing all at once

charliemason

Hi Everybody! I had all my station id's in the general rotation playlist along with most of the tracks in our library, and I noticed that the station id's weren't getting played often enough. So, I put all the station id's in a new general rotation playlist by themselves and set the playback weight to 20. I immediately noticed that they were getting played more often, but they were also getting played all at once. I reduced the playback weight to 10, no change. It's now set at 3 and I'm waiting to see if that does it.

My question is, is there anything more I can do to prevent them from all playing back-to-back each time?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Charliemason,

We would suggest that you create an 'Interval' playlist for your Station ID's instead and set this to play an ID after so many songs each time.

brothwel

I have tried this, and my station ID tracks don’t play at all.

I was under the impression they needed to be under the Sounds folder, but that did not work, so I moved them to a separate folder under the Music folder, and those tracks won’t show up in the list to choose from, in the Media page, where you can drag tracks to a play;ist

Could it be because these tracks do not have an MP3 ‘album’ tag?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
I have tried this, and my station ID tracks don’t play at all.

I was under the impression they needed to be under the Sounds folder, but that did not work, so I moved them to a separate folder under the Music folder, and those tracks won’t show up in the list to choose from, in the Media page, where you can drag tracks to a play;ist

Could it be because these tracks do not have an MP3 ‘album’ tag?

The 'Sounds' folder is just for your intro and fallback files. Any tracks uploaded for your AutoDJ playlists need to reside in the 'Media' folder.

Where you have moved the files it sounds like you just needed to update your media library as the file paths had changed. You can perform a 'Manual library update' under the 'Media' section of your control panel by selecting this from the 'Options' menu in the top right.

Then you will need to create an 'Interval' playlist for your Station ID's, drag your files into this playlist and then set this to play an ID after so many songs each time.