SERVER DOWN AGAIN GRRR

DJSPARKS

Hi there my server has gone off again and will not go back online,its says sever is online but there is no source connected.this is the second time this as happened to em can you help !

thank you

brothwel

Is this because the source password keeps resetting if you say Yes to the “ update password” prompt that shows up sometimes?

I had found that by default, the source password is set to be the same as the admin password, but the source actually needs to have “dj” tacked onto it.

This is true for both trial acts I have been testing — Internet-Radio and Relia Stream.

DJSPARKS

Is this because the source password keeps resetting if you say Yes to the “ update password” prompt that shows up sometimes?

I had found that by default, the source password is set to be the same as the admin password, but the source actually needs to have “dj” tacked onto it.

This is true for both trial acts I have been testing — Internet-Radio and Relia Stream.

You have lost me lol i have no idea what that means

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
thank you

You're welcome. :)

What "update password" prompt do you mean? I'm not sure where you would be seeing this?

The DJ account username and password combination you are talking about is only necessary when you are running the AutoDJ feature and wish to automatically override this with a live stream. https://www.internet-radio.com/comm...odj-with-a-live-stream-in-shoutcast-v2.21813/

But with Shoutcast and Icecast servers you have an 'Administrator' password and a 'Source' password. The 'Administrator' password is for logging into the control panel and admin areas of your server. The 'Source' password is for your DJ's to use purely to broadcast to the server.

You can change the 'Administrator' / 'Source' passwords from the 'Configuration' > 'Settings' > 'Stream' area of your control panel. With Shoutcast v2 servers the 'Administrator' / 'Source' passwords cannot be the same!