Hey,

This is Chris from HEAT FM in the U.S. Was wondering if I could simulcast my Saturday morning show on your station. I actually run/own Heat FM but do shows as well.

Hey Pk,

I can definitely support 2 streams. I am on a 1 Gbit connection on fiber optic. : ) I do my show Saturday mornings at 10AM EST til 1 PM. If you like please email me directly at chris.cataldo@gmail.com with dropbox info to run some of your promos and stuff... Please also provide a link for the schedule on Iconic FM.

Thanks,
Chris

I think simulcasting is a great idea for stations as good Dj's are hard to find.
I did a post about this before but it got lost in 6 year old threads resurrecting lol.
I have a blind DJ that simulcasts on my station for near 6 months now and it works fine.
It's easy to do if the DJ has the bandwidth to keep up both streams.
Be fair promote both sites in your simulcast and have fun with the extra listeners.
Interaction all round is the Key!

Excellent, please send me a dropbox invite where your promos and stuff are at so I can play them on my show. Just so you know I use my heat fm radio email for my show to communicate with the listeners. Please email me at chris.cataldo@gmail.com so we can talk about station stuff off the forum.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris. I have been looking at your post. And you say its every saturday morning? from 10am till 1pm in the afternoon?

That must sound like a really good show then. Yes. We would love to boost the show as we are growing or trying to grow that is...

Details can be found via the Website on the first post at http://ifmradio.co.uk. schedule is there also. I will be happy to contact via Email also

-Rambo

Station Owner

Demo

I think simulcasting may be ok for smaller stations but wont really work for the bigger stations.
I know good Dj's are hard to find but in reality, Would you really want your station to broadcast other stations jingles ??
That could potentially harm a station and cause conflict of interest between all stations involved. (Would be like going to a BMW Dealer and them telling you to go and look at Ford)
I know that our station would not agree to something like this. Not worth all the drama which will happen in time.
Just my opinion and dont want to sound negative but if you think it will work for you then good luck.

Playing other stations promos actually help both stations. Outside of me saying something like "We are now simulcasting on Iconic FM" how else would you get your listeners to know about the station??

If your not cool with me simulcasting and playing the promos thatscool : ) I respect that...

I think simulcasting may be ok for smaller stations but wont really work for the bigger stations.
I know good Dj's are hard to find but in reality, Would you really want your station to broadcast other stations jingles ??
That could potentially harm a station and cause conflict of interest between all stations involved. (Would be like going to a BMW Dealer and them telling you to go and look at Ford)
I know that our station would not agree to something like this. Not worth all the drama which will happen in time.
Just my opinion and dont want to sound negative but if you think it will work for you then good luck.

Hey no problem at all.... heat fm has almost 800 followers. Was just trying to help out since you guys are just starting and I know how it felt when I first started heat... no biggie ...good luck with your station : )

Chris

Yeah hi again Chris. I have had a think over it. with careful reviews and points on simulcasting. But i don't think it is right for the station.
I kinda agree with PK and Demo about it all. and i think i will try to find djs easier for the station. that way they are only broadcasting from the one encoder and not from another station. I appricate the offer though chris. but i don't think it will work out too well. just my opinions is all

Thanks

-Rambo

Iconic FM

We are still looking for more Presenters And DJS To fill our slots!

get on that apply page and get playing the iconic beats! http://ifmradio.co.uk/apply <<<<
upload_2017-11-18_3-41-22.png