Hey me again

adelaideradio

I have got evered and am playing music and its all regaristing but when I open the links that open media player ect it wont play any idea what Iv'e done wrong thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Yes you appear to be connected and i can tune in and hear you music. The problem is that you are streaming in Ogg/Vorbis format. This is fine but a lot of media players don't support Ogg/Vorbis. You should really broadcast using MP3. Change these settings in your encoder and you should be fine :)

adelaideradio

Thank you

Man you r gd at fixing problems, I got a sore back any help there, lol.

Will change the settings and get back to you thanks again :p:)

adelaideradio

Hey

Hi got same problem still changed to lame and everthing is connecting but no sound still, any of fixing it that you know sorry:p

Angel?

no luck here either, can't even listen with vlc..

try and change settings to mp3 in edcast because it say ogg now

rollinradio

Vista - Edcast

Hey Peep's

Just a quick note - whenever you install anything on vista - right click and run as admin !

Otherwise you loose all your station settings and have to manually enter them each time.

Does the same on shoutcast dsp too.

:eek:http://rollinradio.net:dance:

adelaideradio

Hey

Thanks rollin any other tips on this can u hear the stream:)

Thanks angel let me know if u think of anything not sure if i will i am new to all this lol

rollinradio

stream

Hi , i just got a flatline - stream exists but no sound ?

Do you have the lame mp3 encoder on your system ? edcast does not come with it ! only supports it.

Try downloading the lame encoder from here LAME MP3 Encoder

when installed you will prob have to do a system restart for it all to configure then try running your stream again

Just a quick line of thought - make sure edcast bitrate is the same as your server - if your server is set at 64kbs and you have edcast at 128 or any different from server it wont work.
Make sure the encoder bitrate is the same as the server.

Last edited:

adelaideradio

Just downlaoded

What do I do witht eh files I don't see an app file to install do i out these files in winamp plugins or somethign Cheers rollin

Angel?

Think the problem is that Vista don't have anything called “Stereo Mixâ€￾, don't have it on mine..

Suggestions about what to do .. mmmm install windows xp :rofl:

You can download different programs but they are not free, you could also try to set up an virtual harddisk on your pc and install xp on it, worked for a friend of mine but not for me :(

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
You were streaming in MP3 but it appears that you are streaming silence. In the 'Input' tab of your encoder make sure you have selected what you want to stream (i.e. you playlist) as you could have this set to line in or mic. Let us know how you get on.