[HIRING] UpBeat - A modern take at online radio.

ItsJack

UpBeatRadio.net

Hello Internet Radio!
I'm writing today to present to you my online radio station - UpBeat.

pHguaUT.png

UpBeat is an online community powered radio station aimed primarily towards a teenage audience, but we have listeners from all kinds of backgrounds!

Since we first opened back in spring of 2016, our primary goal has always been to provide non-stop entertainment that a large variety of people can enjoy whilst going about their day.
So far, we've been doing quite well at doing that. We're now reaching and maintaining audiences of 1.2k+ unique visitors per day!

We have been running smoothly for almost three years and feel it's about time we take some risks and make a greater attempt to broaden our amazing community!

pHguaUT.png

I am writing this thread to present to you a number of things, including some voluntary staff positions we currently have open.
If you're not interested in a staff position, that's okay! However I encourage you to take a look at our website and get involved!
Our website is open to the public, but once registered you're able to comment on news articles, receive the verified role in our Discord Server, win competitions and much more!
You can also take a listen to the radio itself - we have several DJ's live every day!

pHguaUT.png

If you're interested in joining our staff team, we currently have two roles open:
Radio DJ & News Reporter

Radio DJ's are the core role of UpBeat. Radio DJ's are responsible for keeping listeners entertained throughout the day by hosting a range of competitions, taking requests and shoutouts and playing the freshest hits. If you love music, this is the role for you!

News Reporter's are responsible for actively posting articles to the UpBeat site. Articles can contain a variety of topics but usually/mostly involve pop culture. If you have a passion for writing, News Reporter is the role for you!

A more detailed explanation, including our requirements can be found on our Jobs Page.

Once you're registered on the website, the application process is simple! We look forward to hearing from you.

pHguaUT.png

That's all!
Thank you for reading and we hope to see you around!

- Jack & The UpBeat Team

Stevy6

Hi upbeat/itsjack, great website, station audio stream quality is great,but kept stalling ( as if page was refreshing every 3 seconds.) Kept getting “playback failure click here to proceed” message , (attached )

Stevy6

Sorry didn’t attach first time!! Update, if I reload page and open another page or app it works fine ( using iOS for iPad)

Attachments

• CE64A415-A134-479B-A6DA-CE3B26C2F7B7.jpeg
    CE64A415-A134-479B-A6DA-CE3B26C2F7B7.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:

ItsJack

Sorry didn’t attach first time!! Update, if I reload page and open another page or app it works fine ( using iOS for iPad)
Hi Stevy!

First of all thanks for the nice words. Thanks also for letting me know about that issue, I appreciate the feedback!
Our website features an automatic refresh script, which should trigger and refresh the radio stream in the event of it buffering out.
From what you've sent, it looks like it's not working correctly on Safari, and we'll get it fixed asap!

For the best experience, I recommend using our website on a laptop/PC with Google Chrome. Obviously this isn't a solution, but just a workaround if you're interested in tuning in! Alternatively you could access our stream directly at https://live.upbeat.pw

Any questions, feel free to get in touch. :)

Rick Hart

Saw your post very interested in being a part of this opportunity being presented at this time, I have a program is call Friday Nite Heat Radio. Presented By KangoBlackHouse Its a Friday Nite Program which features live interviews upcoming artist with great commentary & providing the Hottest Underground Music etc. give me some more info email me KangoBlackhouse@yahoo.com
Thanks

ItsJack

Saw your post very interested in being a part of this opportunity being presented at this time, I have a program is call Friday Nite Heat Radio. Presented By KangoBlackHouse Its a Friday Nite Program which features live interviews upcoming artist with great commentary & providing the Hottest Underground Music etc. give me some more info email me KangoBlackhouse@yahoo.com
Thanks
Hi Rick!
Glad to see that you're interested.
If you'd like to join our team, please register to our website and fill out an application: UpBeat.pw/apply

We look forward to hearing from you.

MarkZilla

We're still on the lookout for talented individuals to join our growing staff team!

Check out our website today!

I am looking for a radio station with slots on Saturday between these times. 1 hr slots or 2 hr slots.
Saturday - 21:00 - 22:00 or 22:00 - 23:00 or 21:00 - 23:00
UK based Hip Hop & Rap DJ with a show twist every other week.
Guaranteed to boost listeners each week.
E-Mail me for demo requst or anything else..
MarkZilla@gmx.co.uk

ItsJack

I am looking for a radio station with slots on Saturday between these times. 1 hr slots or 2 hr slots.
Saturday - 21:00 - 22:00 or 22:00 - 23:00 or 21:00 - 23:00
UK based Hip Hop & Rap DJ with a show twist every other week.
Guaranteed to boost listeners each week.
E-Mail me for demo requst or anything else..
MarkZilla@gmx.co.uk
Hey mark!
Could you confirm to me which timezones those are in?

Many thanks.

MarkF

Hi I listen to upbeat great station I was thinking of joining but I saw on discord that you can't join if at another radio station I do Hospital Radio

Hello all. I'm Joshua, I am currently one of the Station Managers at UpBeat Radio. We are currently looking for amazing presenters to join our staff team from all regions. Check out our website and if you have any questions let me know on here or on discord (joshuadisco)

You can access our website here.
You can also join our discord here.

I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Over the past few days, we have had several applications, but we are still looking for more! So if you're interested let me know.

IANJ49

Over the past few days, we have had several applications, but we are still looking for more! So if you're interested let me know.

Hi
I would like to be a Radio DJ on your Radio Station
Where are you based and have you an email address so I can send my Demo?
IAN JOHNSON