New Software: Rocket Broadcaster

Discussion in 'Other' started by asantoni, Sep 28, 2016.

1. asantoni

asantoni New Member

Hi guys,

[​IMG]

I wanted to tell you about the new broadcasting software I just launched for Windows: Rocket Broadcaster. (download here)

Rocket Broadcaster lets you live broadcast to your internet radio station (Icecast or SHOUTcast), like you can with Mixxx or BUTT. Some of the useful features it has are:
    • It can record all your desktop audio, including audio from other applications like Skype or Spotify. This is really handy if you want to do a call-in show!
    • It also records from your microphone or line-in.
    • Automatic metadata capture - it can capture metadata from another window and send that to your streaming server.
    • Encoders - It supports MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Opus, and Ogg FLAC. The pro version also supports sending multiple streams.
    There are two editions - a free edition and a "pro" edition. The free edition has pretty much what you need to broadcast live, but some of the more fiddly codec options and multiple stream support is locked only available in the pro edition.

My goal is to make the free edition still better than anything else out there, so if you guys have any feature requests or feedback, please let me know! I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks,
    Albert

WhoseLineFan and Support like this.
  2. Support

Support Level 1 Support Staff Member

Hi Asantoni,

Sounds great. If you have the time, please feel free to create a guide for setting this up with Shoutcast / Icecast servers in our forums: http://www.internet-radio.com/community/forums/encoder-guides.23/

We think some users will find that helpful and we can see the Skype integration being a very popular feature.

All the best with it. :)

3. twitterautopost

twitterautopost New Member

Looks like a great piece of software, will download it to take a look at it!

Good luck with it!

4. Defiant Radio

Defiant Radio New Member

Good Luck Albert.

5. JimJim

JimJim New Member

Looks very good..Thanks for sharing!

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  6. AWagneklev00

AWagneklev00 New Member

This software has lots of potential! Looking forward to your success!

7. I like your idea please could you email me at harry200holmes@gmail.com cause I would like to talk more about this software and have some ideas you can add to it