Widgets in Centova Cast v3

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
This guide provides an overview of the 'Widgets' that can be found in the Centova Cast v3 control panel.

These 'Widgets' can be added to your own website in order to display custom information about your radio stream. The code snippets for these widgets is provided as HTML code which can just be copied and pasted into your web pages without you requiring any prior knowledge of programming.

widgets_example-jpg.798

You can access these code snippets by navigating to the 'Configuration' settings in your servers control panel overview and clicking on the 'Widgets' link just underneath.

configuration_widgets-jpg.790

Using the Widgets

All of the widgets are supplied as two pieces of HTML code. It is important that both sets of codes are used (as stated) for the full functionality of the widget.

The first part of the HTML code acts as a marker as to where on your web page you want the widget to appear. With this part of the code, you need to place this in your HTML page exactly where you want this widget to appear.

The second part of the HTML code is the script reference for the widget that provides its functionality. This needs to be placed at the end of your HTML page, just before the closing </body> tag.

Once you have saved your web page changes with both sets of the code inserted, your new widgets shall appear straight away on your website.

*Please note that alternative “Character Encoding” code is available if the supplied code is not compatible with your web page. Just use the “Character Encoding” drop down menu at the top of the 'Widgets' page to select the correct character encoding for your web page.

Choosing your Widgets

On the left hand side of the 'Widgets' page is the “Choose Widget” menu box. To view the code for each of these widgets, just click on the widget entry in the box.

choose_widget-jpg.789

Below is an overview of what each of the Widgets will display on your web page:

Stream Status Summary

The 'Stream Status Summary' widget displays information about the current status of your stream. The text is also hyperlinked so that your listeners are able to click on it to launch the stream in their own media players.

This widget will include the “Stream Name” of your station and information about what is currently playing such the “Artist Name” and the “Track Title”. This information is also updated in real-time.

Stream Details

The 'Stream Details' widget is a similar but more advanced version of the 'Stream Status Summary' widget. This is however aimed at more advanced users who wish to customize the placement of all the individual elements of stream information anywhere on their web page. Individual code is provided for each element so that they can be placed separately anywhere that the user likes on their web page. As with the 'Stream Status Summary' widget all of this information is also updated in real-time.

These code snippets provide the following “status” elements:

• Current song
  • Stream title
  • Bitrate
  • Current listeners
  • Maximum listeners
  • Server status
  • AutoDJ status
  • Source connected
  • Station time
  • Current playlist
  • Track artist
  • Track title
  • Track album
  • Album image
  • Album URL
Recent Tracks

The 'Recent Tracks' widget displays the list of tracks which were most recently played on your radio stream. The information includes the artist / track information and the broadcast time. And if available, it can also display the album artwork and a “Buy Now” link next to the track information.

This information is also updated in real-time and this widget can be enabled on the 'Widgets' tab of the 'Configuration' and then 'Settings' page.

Google Maps Listener Map

The 'Google Maps Listener Map' widget is powered by the 'Google Maps' service. This widget displays an interactive map with the geographic locations of where your listeners and your stream are located.

This widget can be enabled on the 'Widgets' tab of the 'Configuration' and then 'Settings' page.

On-demand Content -

The 'On-demand Content' widget provides a file browser for your on-demand content. This allows your listeners to browse, stream and download any content that you have published in the “ondemand” folder of the File Manager. This could include podcasts or other pre-recorded shows.

This widget can be enabled on the 'Widgets' tab of the 'Configuration' and then 'Settings' page.

Song Requests -

The 'Song Requests' widget displays a form allowing your listeners to submit song requests on your station. This widget can be configured in two different ways:

1) A song request by a listener can be emailed to the station to the email address that is configured in your servers settings.

2) A song request can be processed automatically. With this configuration, the requests 'artists name' and 'song title' are analysed against your stations media library. If the matching track is found, then this track can be automatically queued up for playback.

Tune In -

The 'Tune In' widget provides all of the tune-in links for your station for various media players. This widget displays a set of icons for each of the most common and popular media players such as Winamp, Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime. Your listeners are able to click on any of the icons to load your stream in their default media player.

Attachments

• choose_widget.jpg
    choose_widget.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9,890
  • configuration_widgets.jpg
    configuration_widgets.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 9,622
  • widgets_example.jpg
    widgets_example.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9,979
Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Pradeep,

Yes, the HTML5 player that we use is fully compatible with mobile and tablet devices. The code for this player can be generated in your 'Widgets' section of the control panel. But by default, the 'Widgets' section provides the code for the Flash player.

So in order to get the code for this particular HTML5 player, you first need to navigate to 'Configuration' > 'Settings' > 'Widgets' > 'Player' and then change this from the default "muses" (Flash) to "jplayer" (HTML5) and then click on "Update".

Now, when you go into the 'Widgets' section (under 'Configuration' from the side navigation bar of the control panel) this will generate the HTML5 player (jplayer) code instead.

We hope this helps. Just drop us an email if you need any further help with it. :)

AdamButler

Actually, I changed to the other player and it seems to work. Odd. Also, is there anyway to get it to autoplay on mobile devices? Appreciate your help.

AdamButler

I wanted to use the musessc1, but the autoplay code doesn't seem to work with this player, just the other one. Any ideas?

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Apologies for the delay in our reply Adam.

The Muses player will not playback on mobile devices as it is Flash based where as the jPlayer is HTML5 and is fully mobile and tablet compatible. So we recommend just sticking with that player instead as you currently have on http://www.auckland80s.com.

Alvaro Paz

Hello team, I kindly request your assistance if you can guide me to the process on how to show the Song Name, Artist and Album when submitting a Centova Cast Radio, currently I can hear the music on Tune In App but it doesn't show the song name. Please help

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi Alvaro Paz,

What's your set up? Live or AutoDJ?

Do you have a radio server account hosted with us here?

Alvaro Paz

Hi Alvaro Paz,

What's your set up? Live or AutoDJ?

Do you have a radio server account hosted with us here?
Hello Support,

I have my radio hosted in Centova, and I am an auto DJ and want to show song name and artist on Tune In, for now It's just music but no titles

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Ok thanks, we actually meant do you host your (centova) account with us here on our own servers? It would help us to be able to look over your account if so to check your AutoDJ files themselves.

Do all of your files have the embedded meta-data for the artist / titles etc?

Alvaro Paz

Ok thanks, we actually meant do you host your (centova) account with us here on our own servers? It would help us to be able to look over your account if so to check your AutoDJ files themselves.

Do all of your files have the embedded meta-data for the artist / titles etc?
Hi Support,

No, I'm just registered in Centova only, I just wanted to know how can I submit to TuneIn to show the song info on the application.

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
This should just be displayed automatically by the Tunein app provided your stream itself is sending out the meta-data correctly. Perhaps contact Tunein and see what they say!

This is not something that we can assist you with here as this forum is for our own clients, but we hope that you manage to resolve the issue.

Alvaro Paz

This should just be displayed automatically by the Tunein app provided your stream itself is sending out the meta-data correctly. Perhaps contact Tunein and see what they say!

This is not something that we can assist you with here as this forum is for our own clients, but we hope that you manage to resolve the issue.
Hi support team,

Thanks in advance for the support, apparently Centova doesn't show automatically the song info with TuneIn. Is there a way you can help me? I mean I want to get your services, just explain me or send me the article on what to do and I also want to connect my radio station with you guys.

I will be waiting for response, thanks

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi support team,

Thanks in advance for the support, apparently Centova doesn't show automatically the song info with TuneIn. Is there a way you can help me? I mean I want to get your services, just explain me or send me the article on what to do and I also want to connect my radio station with you guys.

I will be waiting for response, thanks

No problem at all. :)

Sure, we would be happy to host your station for you. You can create a server account with us here: http://www.internet-radio.com/servers/

However please be aware that we also run the Centovacast control panel software, so this won't help your problem here.

Did Tunein tell you this themselves? We are quite surprised by this as Centovacast is the industry standard control panel software for internet radio stations and we are sure that the majority of the stations on there must be running this software. Is it only the app that does not display the track info?