Widgets in Centova Cast v3

Alvaro Paz

No problem at all. :)

Sure, we would be happy to host your station for you. You can create a server account with us here: http://www.internet-radio.com/servers/

However please be aware that we also run the Centovacast control panel software, so this won't help your problem here.

Did Tunein tell you this themselves? We are quite surprised by this as Centovacast is the industry standard control panel software for internet radio stations and we are sure that the majority of the stations on there must be running this software. Is it only the app that does not display the track info?

Yes, I contacted TuneIn and they said "The broadcasting software you are using is not a known solution compatible with our AIR API. Please check with your software’s support contact to confirm it will work."
Inside of the Centova there's nothing that allows me to display the song info on TuneIn, it always shows as Empty. I am planning to move with you guys but only if you guys support the display song info on TuneIn since this is the most importan thing for me. Listen to my stream http://tunein.com/radio/GamerSound-s250122/.

I will be waiting for your reply and thanks.

Alvaro Paz

Also not spamming here on purpose but we are going to be selling a new player soon. This has been built for all centovacast. It is a word press plugin. If any of you are interested let me know. It does work on all mobile devices and web. Pretty simple setup.
install-14-1024x502.png

Here it is in action http://www.iporadio.com/player.php

Here are the basic installation instructions http://iporadio.com/html5-player-plugin/

Hi, thank you for the reply, I want to display the song info using the AutoDJ on Centova with TuneIn, unfortunately it does not show anything and nobody can help me with this. Can you please? My station is http://tunein.com/radio/GamerSound-s250122/.

Thanks

iporadio

I am almost positive You need to have a dedicated server or at least access to your cpannel that centova is on. You need to setup cron jobs. But first you need to have a TUNEIN Partner ID for broadcasters. Once you have all of this send Tunein another message and explain to them you have everything to do this using API. Let me know once you get this and I can help you. Who do you pay for hosting? This is kind of important because if you do not have access to the root of centova you will need to have them upload folders/files for you.

Alvaro Paz

I am almost positive You need to have a dedicated server or at least access to your cpannel that centova is on. You need to setup cron jobs. But first you need to have a TUNEIN Partner ID for broadcasters. Once you have all of this send Tunein another message and explain to them you have everything to do this using API. Let me know once you get this and I can help you. Who do you pay for hosting? This is kind of important because if you do not have access to the root of centova you will need to have them upload folders/files for you.

Hi IPO, thank you so much for your reply, in this case SHOUTca.st is hosting my Centova station and I have access to the Control Panel of Centova. I already got my partner key and ID from TuneIn and I'm ready to follow the next step. I can share to you anything you need including my credentials for Centova. I will be waiting for your reply thanks.

Casimenteradio

Hi Pradeep,

Yes, the HTML5 player that we use is fully compatible with mobile and tablet devices. The code for this player can be generated in your 'Widgets' section of the control panel. But by default, the 'Widgets' section provides the code for the Flash player.

So in order to get the code for this particular HTML5 player, you first need to navigate to 'Configuration' > 'Settings' > 'Widgets' > 'Player' and then change this from the default "muses" (Flash) to "jplayer" (HTML5) and then click on "Update".

Now, when you go into the 'Widgets' section (under 'Configuration' from the side navigation bar of the control panel) this will generate the HTML5 player (jplayer) code instead.

We hope this helps. Just drop us an email if you need any further help with it. :)

Hi,

I can't seem to find the jplayer option, I'm currently using the free account, is this option limited to payed accounts?

thanks,

frenda

Hello Support, I'm actually hosted by internet-radio, and having issues like Alvaro Paz to setting up my centova with the tunein app AIR api to send my stream info to show the artist and album. Alrady have my AIR api credentials from tunein. The IPO solution looks not so friendly, but if I want to implement in my station then would need more user privileges to access cpanel and setup a cron job. Can you assist me?

More Support

Level 2 Support
Staff member
Hello Support, I'm actually hosted by internet-radio, and having issues like Alvaro Paz to setting up my centova with the tunein app AIR api to send my stream info to show the artist and album. Alrady have my AIR api credentials from tunein. The IPO solution looks not so friendly, but if I want to implement in my station then would need more user privileges to access cpanel and setup a cron job. Can you assist me?

Hi Frenda

Tunein API support has been a long time requested feature of Centova Cast : http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2207.0

For some reason they haven't implemented it yet and we have no idea how long (if ever) they will take. There's some encoder software that has it built in listed on the Tunein API page here: http://tunein.com/broadcasters/api/ which might help you.

If you're prepared to host (or write) one yourself then you'll need your own hosting for this as we don't provide shell / cpanel / cron access with our radio accounts. You may already have this with your website hosting but you would be on your own implementing this as there's so many environments to deploy on and ways to do this we can't support it.

frenda

Hi Frenda

Tunein API support has been a long time requested feature of Centova Cast : http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2207.0

For some reason they haven't implemented it yet and we have no idea how long (if ever) they will take. There's some encoder software that has it built in listed on the Tunein API page here: http://tunein.com/broadcasters/api/ which might help you.

If you're prepared to host (or write) one yourself then you'll need your own hosting for this as we don't provide shell / cpanel / cron access with our radio accounts. You may already have this with your website hosting but you would be on your own implementing this as there's so many environments to deploy on and ways to do this we can't support it.
Those are really sad news. For us is very important to get connected the stream info to the tunein app, because we are promoting independent artists. So is very important to give credit their work trough the stream touchpoints

More Support

Level 2 Support
Staff member
Those are really sad news. For us is very important to get connected the stream info to the tunein app, because we are promoting independent artists. So is very important to give credit their work trough the stream touchpoints

Yeah it's a shame Centova haven't added this feature despite it being fairly trivial (I think) for them to implement. Our directory updates the details live. You'll notice the track "Now Playing" info gets updated without the page reloading or any need for you to do anything: https://www.internet-radio.com/station/frenda/ We actively go out and get the metadata of stations to keep our listings fresh and up to date. Tunein don't afaik. They get you to send it over to them via their API.

Lindsey Baron

Hi I'd like to try the widgets.
Please tell me EXACTLY how to find the CONFIGURATION place so I can get to SETTINGS then WIDGETS to pick up the codes.
Thanks!

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi I'd like to try the widgets.
Please tell me EXACTLY how to find the CONFIGURATION place so I can get to SETTINGS then WIDGETS to pick up the codes.
Thanks!

Hi Lindsey, please see in the screenshot below where the 'Widgets' section can be found in the control panel.

widgets_section.png

Hi Pradeep,

Yes, the HTML5 player that we use is fully compatible with mobile and tablet devices. The code for this player can be generated in your 'Widgets' section of the control panel. But by default, the 'Widgets' section provides the code for the Flash player.

So in order to get the code for this particular HTML5 player, you first need to navigate to 'Configuration' > 'Settings' > 'Widgets' > 'Player' and then change this from the default "muses" (Flash) to "jplayer" (HTML5) and then click on "Update".

Now, when you go into the 'Widgets' section (under 'Configuration' from the side navigation bar of the control panel) this will generate the HTML5 player (jplayer) code instead.

We hope this helps. Just drop us an email if you need any further help with it. :)
that's mean the jplayer code is the one to choose for my website that way i could listen to my radio station on my mobil phone and my tablet

ITMr

Hi guys,
When I have copied the code from the boxes, my site doesn't show the recently played tracks, it only shows the words: "Loading"
I am using a website builder and a html section added to add my own coding
What am I doing wrong?

ITMr

Sorted it, I just went into elements on the actual centova page and copy and pasted...

*EDIT* No I haven't, it doesn't change hahahahaha

Last edited:

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi guys,
When I have copied the code from the boxes, my site doesn't show the recently played tracks, it only shows the words: "Loading"
I am using a website builder and a html section added to add my own coding
What am I doing wrong?

Hi ITMr,

What is your accounts username and your websites url please? We will take a look over your webpage.

Strike

Hi I have hosting with access to the Control Panel of Centova I have used many of the widgets which work fine. I was wanting help with some html code to add to show my stream online / offline so I could add an image to in as this isn’t a widget on Centova currently. Any help would be great

Support

Level 1 Support
Staff member
Hi I have hosting with access to the Control Panel of Centova I have used many of the widgets which work fine. I was wanting help with some html code to add to show my stream online / offline so I could add an image to in as this isn’t a widget on Centova currently. Any help would be great

We can't help you with that unfortunately, sorry!